Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Gear Review: G-Code Incog Eclipse IWB Holster




by Adam Amend


Today we'll be looking at the Incog Eclipse appendix carry IWB holster by G-Code. This will be our first of many reviews which can be found under the Gear Review heading. First, I want to tell you more about the company who manufacturers G-Code Holsters before we jump into the review. G-Code holsters are produced by a company called "Edge-Works Manufacturing" based out of Jacksonville, NC. All of their products are 100% made in the U.S.A. and come with a limited lifetime warranty. All G-Code products are backed with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. If ANY G-Code holster fails for ANY reason, Edge-Works Manufacturing will repair or replace the hostler – FREE of charge. It’s that simple." You can read more about G-Code at tacticalholsters.com.


I started carrying the Incog in April of 2016. I carry a RIA compact 1911 in this holster.  I have to say I am extremely pleased with the comfort and ease of use this holster affords it's user. It's a kydex holster, lined with a smooth felt on the outside; preventing any irritation from carrying and making it quite pleasant against your skin. Utilizing a single belt clip, it is very easy to equip and remove the holster. There are a few options to choose from when ordering, the first being, full or half guard. I opted for the full guard option; where the holster is longer and covers all the metal of the gun, where a half guard would leave some of gun exposed, rubbing against my skin. Other options you can choose from include but are not limited to, the color and clip type.


I've carried this holster in a variety of different pant styles. I carry it in shorts in the summer, jeans when I'm dressed casual, dress pants for work and formal settings, and I've even had success carrying in board shorts during trips to pool or beach (I pack heat everywhere I go). The holster appears to me to utilize a medium type of retention. I'm never worried about the weapon falling out,  yet it has a smooth draw and re holster feel to it.


I've listed the pros, but the only con I can come up with is possibly the bulkiness of the clip. It's not bad, but I feel could be slimmer, like a lot of metal clips used on IWB holsters made by other manufacturers. This is the only con I can find, and it's merely a con to me. Most probably won't even notice this. The thickness of the belt clip shouldn't deter you from purchasing one of these magnificent holsters; I highly recommend G-Code to anyone looking for a good, quality, comfortable holster for your EDC, and you can't go wrong with a product that's made in the U.S.A.!




The above pictures illustrate how I carry the Incog Eclipse IWB holster, notice the lack of printing - only the best holsters prevent printing. G-Code manufacturers a ton of really cool stuff and we will look at some of their other products in the upcoming months. In the meantime you can check out their entire lineup at www.tacticalholsters.com. Below are a couple pics of some of the other various holsters and items G-Code manufacturers. Thanks for checking out this review! Please leave a comment if you have or currently use a G-Code product or if you have any questions!



G-Code holsters are utilized by all different kinds of people around the world, from EDC, Duty use, to combat zones.  Above you'll see a picture of a couple soldiers using G-Code holsters on their chest rigs. Below is a picture of "Bloodstripe" one of the more unique lines by G-Code.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, feedback, opinions and questions. I welcome any and all conversation. If you'd like me to respond back, please leave your name and contact info (email or phone #). Thanks!